Build new, save tons of money in the long run
Owning an investment property can be fraught with complications. That is, if you start with a property that already has a multitude of issues. But when you build your own investment property, you can create your very own, purpose-built house or duplex that is designed to match the rigours of tenant living. You’ll rarely find tenants who are as keen as you are to maintain the home to your very high standards. Building your intended rental property to be low- and easy-maintenance and connected to all of today’s essentials is the way to go.
|Wireless internet, phone, TV aerial||Window dressings, fly screens or security screens.||Fencing on all sides.||Finished landscaping.|
At Unique Housing, we know exactly how to build a turn-key rental property that will be ready for your tenants to unlock the door and simply move right in.
Why build a brand new investment property?
- Easier to rent.
- Attract premium rent by including high-demand features such as a media room, alfresco dining or a separate family room.
- Attract better quality tenants who will take more care to look after your property.
- Start with a clean slate, with zero pre-rental inspection negatives.
- Everything is under warranty.
- On a new property, you can claim all expenses and depreciation on the building and internal fixtures and fittings.
- Maximise your stamp duty savings. You only pay stamp duty on the land component of the purchase price.
- Enjoy stress-free investment with minimal maintenance considerations.
“From the start, they welcomed us into their home to discuss possible plans, timeframes etc and were always willing to make time to meet with us to discuss any matters that arose throughout the building process. Timeframes were adhered to and the quality of the workmanship was very pleasing.”
Terry & Rose, Gatton
Smart investors know to build rental properties for rental living. You don’t need to be emotionally invested in the colour scheme or choice of curtains, for instance. But Unique Housing can create a rental-specific property that will return higher rent, and cost less to maintain. Factors like tiling high-traffic areas are important considerations that will save you money on maintenance.
Depending on where you want to build your investment property, you could build it as a dual occupancy. That could mean a duplex or a main house with a granny flat. The extra rental returns are definitely worth considering this option. Or, move into one and rent the other.
Unique Housing have excellent ideas on how to maximise your returns. Give them a call to discuss your investment property goals.
Want to buy a rental property on our land that’s ready for rental right now? Visit our House & Land Packages page.